Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spiritual Healing Series: Was Jesus Really Perfect?

This is my second post in this spiritual healing series, or mini series as you could call it, addressing what made Jesus so perfect. He was perfect because of one simple fact: John 17:20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you..." It was simply this: "...you are in me and I am in you."

We know from scripture that Jesus did not uphold all of the legalistic rules of the law. He even made the statement that he "ate and drank" meaning he did things the Jews were not allowed to do. Yet, he was made perfect. It doesn't make sense, unless you really look at the definition of the word perfect.

It is whole and complete. There was absolutely nothing missing. Now, Jesus had to develop and grow, just as we all do. When all was said and done, He was so full of God's word that it manifested in His flesh. The results were peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, spiritual gifts of healing...

It is time we stop holding ourselves accountable to the law and become whole and complete. Religion and legalism are out and relationship is in.

Verse 23: I in them and you in me. It is then and only then, that we will obtain the gifts we so desperately need in order to free the oppressed! Therefore, rather than seeking a spiritual gift of healing, life IN Christ is what we must seek!

No comments: